What’s covered and for how long?
BFGOODRICH Passenger Car and Light Truck Tires, used in normal service and in accordance with the maintenance recommendations and safety warnings of the BFGoodrich Company, are covered by a warranty against defects in design, workmanship and materials subject to the conditions set out below.
- a. Tires sold within three years of the manufacturing date
Where the tires are sold within three years of the manufacturing date, the warranty shall be for the life of the original usable tread pattern or six years from the date of purchase, whichever comes first.b. Tires sold three years after the manufacturing date
Where the tires are sold three years after the manufacturing date, the warranty shall be for the life of the original usable tread pattern or six years from the date of manufacture, whichever comes first.
At the end of the relevant periods stated in paragraphs a. and b. above, all warranties, express or implied are terminated.
The original usable tread pattern is the original pattern down to the level of the tread pattern wear indicators – 1.6mm of tread pattern remaining.
Date of purchase is documented by new vehicle registration (where the tires were fitted on a new vehicle) or original tire sales invoice. If there is no proof of purchase, the warranty will be based on the date of manufacture.
What’s not covered?
Tires which become unserviceable under the following circumstances are not covered by this warranty:
• Road hazard injury (e.g. a cut, snag, bruise, impact damage or puncture, whether repairable or not);
• Incorrect mounting of the tire, tire/wheel imbalance or improper repair;
• Under-inflation, over-inflation, improper maintenance or other abuse;
• Mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as wheel misalignment resulting in uneven or rapid wear;
• Tires fitted to or used with incompatible or improper valves, rims or wheels;
• Vehicles which are carrying loads or running at speeds higher than the load and speed index marked on the tire sidewalls or that recommended for the vehicles;
• Tire purchased second hand;
• Improper storage;
• Tires which have not been fitted or used in accordance with the technical recommendations of the manufacturer as published from time to time;
• Accident, fire, chemical explosion, tire alteration or vandalism;
• Tire purchased from unauthorised dealers;
• and climatic or ozone effects
Conditions & Exclusions
Where the tire becomes unserviceable due to a condition within the terms of this warranty, BFGOODRICH may optionally repair the tire, supply an equivalent tire as replacement, reimburse the value of the tire based on the remaining tread depth or offer such other form of compensation according to its prevailing commercial policy.
This warranty does not provide compensation for service charges incurred, charges for mounting and balancing, loss of time, loss of use of vehicle, inconvenience or consequential damage insofar as the law permits.
Tires presented to an authorised BFGOODRICH Dealer for compensation remain the property of the consumer and BFGOODRICH accepts no responsibility for loss of or damage to tires which are in the custody or control of an authorised BFGOODRICH Dealer for the purposes of inspection. Tires accepted by an authorised BFGOODRICH Dealer for compensation become the property of BFGOODRICH. In the event of a dispute, the consumer must make the tire available for further inspection.
No authorised BFGOODRICH Dealer, representative or employee has the authority to make or imply any representation, promise or agreement that in any way varies the terms of this warranty. Except as expressly provided for in this warranty, any other implied warranty, guarantee, representation, promise or agreement and liability arising from breach of the foregoing is excluded to the extent permitted by law.
THIS WARRANTY APPLIES ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES